Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Ten on Ten :: October 2017

I can hardly believe it's October, but now we're into the second full week! 
How is time marching forward so, so quickly?!

Here is a little glimpse into our everyday beauty - 10 pictures on the tenth of the month.
I don't think there's an active link anymore, but I still like to document these days.


 We started our day early, but Levi was acting happy and I got to make our favorite pancakes- I added mini chocolate chips and everyone gobbled them up. (you can find my recipe listed under "breakfast and brunch")

Ethan drove everyone to high school and Isabelle hung out with Levi and me before we sent her off to fifth grade.
Someone's happy mood deteriorated quickly...no picture of saying goodbye to sister. 

Poor baby. :(
We were snuggling and admiring the view since we moved out the brown leather sofa to make room for the new one getting delivered later on.

Feeling better for a few minutes...

...and then crashing on the floor.
We don't normally hang out much in here, but we have been recently and I LOVE it.

Lots of tears and coughs, so I canceled our play date at the park and headed out for a nice long walk instead.
Now here's a little story for you: halfway to the trail I realized that I hadn't even grabbed the dog's leash in my frenzied state as we left the house. I was annoyed by this, but we let Ryder free on most trails so I didn't think it would be too big a problem.
Well I was WRONG.
Thirty seconds in, a lady was whipping out her phone and I just had an odd sense that it had something to do with me. Suddenly she was telling me that she was calling campus security if I didn't leave and go home immediately, or that she was going to call the police and have me arrested.
Umm, lady, you don't get out much, do you?
Seriously?!
She went on and on about leash laws, at one point lifted her shirt- to my horror!- to reveal a spot she said was caused by a dog attack though I didn't see anything. Clearly, she was traumatized by that incident, and she was right- we DO have a leash law, and I SHOULD be abiding by it. I'd like to add here that I take that seriously, but I do let our dog go free on trails, as most other people do as well.
There, with that said, I had had enough so I looked her straight in the eye and kind of let her have it.

For one thing, I am not twelve so you don't need to speak to me like you would a child. Nor do you need to threaten me or tell me what to do. I'll spare you the official transcript, but I can only think of two incidents where I spoke back (and up for myself) like that to strangers in my whole life. I am a firm believer in the idea that there is a right and a wrong way to approach anybody, and there really was no need for all the drama.

For a few seconds, I was close to tears, mainly because I was so frustrated, and I was imagining going back home, literally minutes after arriving, and the thought of putting Levi right back in the car seat only to be met with screams and fury put me on the verge of my own little meltdown. But I regrouped, put Ryder in the van, rolled the windows down, and Levi and I set off for a lovely walk. I am SO glad I had the sense to salvage our walk. Do you ever do that? Something gets you so upset or catches you so off guard that you can't think straight and end up really missing out?

We also had lots of fun playing in the sunshine and having a little pumpkin bum photo shoot.
Because why not? ha ha ha 
And I'm counting these as one because they're all related and too cute not to share!


 This is the one I posted on instagram. Gah, those tippy toes slay me!!!

Levi had a great nap, so I worked on Wendy Darling orders while he slept.
I am incredibly thankful for their popularity this year, however, I don't think I want to look at blue flannel for a loooong time after they're all done. :)






 Late lunch for this fella

 Then it was time to pick up Isabelle from school and go to piano lessons. I love her dress, so we took pictures under the pretty tree. (I think it was under $10 from Old Navy)

No pictures of the grocery store or food in the cart, but that's where I went after dropping off Isabelle. Bill headed into town to pick her up and then get Caleb from school, and this guy went along for the ride. He's become obsessed with drawers this week! Yesterday I emptied these out and put in things that he's allowed to play with, so of course he didn't have as much interest in them then. Figures!  Sneak peek of our new couch, too!

We planned on selling the leather couch, but since we already own it, I wanted to try to use it somewhere. Best decision ever! I can't even tell you how happy this unexpected change of events has made me! It feels so nice to have a soft spot to land on out there! Caleb has claimed this as his homework spot for the time being. :)
 I'm creating Levi's costume from a few different patterns put together. Wish me luck!
And I spy more blue flannel over there. Drowning in blue flannel until I finish these orders....

The leaves are beginning to turn and it's so beautiful. I sewed for a while after getting Levi to sleep, and then Isabelle and I snuggled for a little while in her bed talking girl talk. :)


 Hope you're having a nice week!

I'm on instagram
@bethanylivs_life if you want to say hello!

https://www.instagram.com/bethanylivs_life/?hl=en

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...