Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

What's Up Wednesday // February 2017



Well this Wednesday certainly snuck up on me. February feel extra short this year - it doesn't feel like the 22nd should be the last Wednesday of the month! I thought it would be fun to link up with Mel, Sheaffer and Shay today for What's Up Wednesday. Thanks, ladies!

 What We're Eating This Week...

This Tangy Pork Loin is so fast and easy to make! It's perfect for rushed nights.


 Homemade Chili and this amazing Parmesan Bread

The perfect weekend breakfast or brunch coffeecake

No one can get enough of these chocolatey cookies lately!

What I'm Reminiscing About...
One year ago when we were preparing to meet our little guy, AND...

 ...our big trip to Florida with my parents.
It was fantastic!!!
I can't tell you how excited I was to be able to wear flip flops again, basically the only things I could get on my swollen feet at the time.
Much more forgiving in Florida than in New Hampshire in the middle of winter, ha!

 I turned 34 weeks there.
My doctors were nervous about me traveling that far, especially since we were driving, but we took several breaks and it was totally fine.

 my little gymnast :)

 I had dreamed of having outdoor "beachy" maternity pictures, kind of hard in the Northeast in winter, so I bought this dress just for a little portrait session in Florida.
I never did get to take them at the beach because of a hurricane that swept through, but I cherish the ones I got.

What I'm Loving...
We've had some warm, sunny days and I am soaking up every last bit of Vitamin D!
I've been able to get outside for a walk with Levi nearly every day this week!

What We've Been Up To...
Trying to get everyone healthy again!
Poor baby had his first ear infection and a bad cold.
It has been rough rough rough.
Then Ethan and Jonah started to get sick...so I've been spraying my weight in Lysol around here and trying to kick these germs to the curb.
And after dinner reading. Which is great and all that, but I am SO looking forward to after dinner walks and bike rides and playing catch and tag... It's coming, I know it is!
#roughlife

This fun night was a highlight of our week!
I posted about the Father-Daughter Dance here.

What I'm Dreading...
Umm, basically every single night.
When the baby won't sleep, you start to get in panic mode every time it gets closer to "bedtime."
I wonder if he is ever going to sleep more than three hours at a time again.

What I'm Working On...
Still painting the trim and doors white. I'm getting closer!!!!
And a few other DIY projects...I'll blog about them when I'm finished.
I also am finally writing up some tutorials for my fellow sewing enthusiasts. :)
 I just posted this one the other day. Look at that tiny baby. Aaaaaahhhhh!

What I'm Watching/Reading...
24 Legacy on Fox
The boys put this on last weekend after Isabelle and Levi went to bed (back when he was at least sleeping a little at night, argh) and I was completely hooked. I never saw the original Jack Bauer 24, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I like it.

I'm reading Pulse, by Patrick Carman - it's pretty good so far.
Next up is Bag of Bones, by Stephen King.

What I'm listening to...
ha ha ha, lots of crying. And whining. 
We have cabin fever, bad. 
Spring, I am DESPERATE for you!

What I'm Wearing...
Jeans, basic knit tops and a cardigan. Like every single day. #imsoboring

What I'm Doing This Weekend...
This weekend starts off our February vacation week, so I'm planning out a few fun little surprises for everyone. In the past, I've written out specific things, like going out to breakfast, or to the zoo or ice skating, etc... on a small piece of paper and had our kids take turns drawing one from the basket for our special activity that day. I think I might do that again. :)
I'd say I'd be sleeping in... but I know better. Insert all the sad faces!
 I'm sure we'll be taking advantage of more warmish weather, too!


What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Jonah's 16th Birthday! I still haven't finalized all our plans, yikes! I'd better get moving!

What Else is New...
Drawing a blank so I'm guessing that means not much, ha ha!

Bonus Question: Beauty Must Have I can't Live Without...
I have a confession.
I rarely wear make up.
I know, I know. I just can't get it right. Ever. Normally on Sundays for church, I wear a light foundation, mascara and lip gloss.
So my one must-have? Classic Chap Stick. #dork
And NOT one of those weirdo flavors, either. Has to be the classic original. #majordork

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

That warm Florida sun looks pretty good right now! I hope your crew starts feeling better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...