Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, May 14, 2012

Celebrating Moms

I was spoiled by my family, as every mother should be!
Bill planned a special evening for us the night before, to start things off right. It worked.  =)
There may have been mood lighting, candles, sushi, a flick featuring a certain cool-skinned, pale-faced lad, and my favorite- peanut M&Ms, which were inhaled in 3.1 seconds flat. 
The next morning was filled with sunshine, French Toast and Blueberry Cobbler coffee. Perfect.

Of course, right at this very minute-literally- I am barking for everyone to just Get. Out. Of. My. House.
NOW. Today has been a long day. Letting out a long sigh. But the weekend was great!

I've been practicing on my favorite subjects a lot recently. Gotta love that Golden Hour!


We were all at a baseball game, and there was a carousel-thing in the playground area- I thought they'd been all but banned around here! What fun!

I had to look away because my stomach was in knots and my head getting too whirly.
And this is what I find.















 D.O.W.N.

Meanwhile, I was watching this guy hustle to first
It was...
 ...a CLOSE one!
 SAFE! Go Jonah!

Caleb's turn!

And these two are at it. Again!

 Nice sweat stains on the hat, huh? Ew. Boys are gross.
And they like to wrestle. A lot.

We enjoyed a backyard feast with my Mom and Dad.
Mom, I love you.
And I totally get it now.
Oh, and I'm so, so sorry!  =)
Being a good Mom is such hard work! I have a great Mom!




Won't be showing off this photo to the orthodontist!

We tried to get together with Bill's family, too, but nothing worked out right. Next weekend!
We did get to celebrate with Bill's sister Kristen, and her husband Rory, as they dedicated beautiful Naomi to the Lord at church.

We had some in-between time so we walked around our city's Main Street. Everything looked so pretty!
 My boys. Oh, they climb, too. Everything.


On the lookout for more knolls hiding in the big metal tree.
I did the same thing when I was little.

 You can watch the gears and the pendulum on this ginormous clock downtown- it's so neat!

I'm so thankful for the privilege of being called Mommy. And I'm so grateful for my mother, my mother-in-law, and my grandmothers!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wow, sounds like Bill knows how to get a special day off on the right foot. Lucky lady! I love what you said to your mom. I couldn't agree more :) Happy Mother's Day a day late!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...