Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Livin'

We had a pretty low-key weekend but it was nice. For the most part. For every fun thing there's always some meltdown or other unwanted something or other to be dealt with. I think it's wearing me out...not like the heat doesn't do a good enough job of that!

I find myself still searching for that balance I mentioned in another post. I'll probably get it figured out about a week after school starts up in the fall. For now, we'll keep going to the pool down the road. And eat ice cream and chocolate chip Eggo waffles for lunch like we did today- that always helps!  :)

this was taken the night Daddy took her out for a special date!

Here are some funny pictures from the other day...
 he was helping my Dad chop and stack wood...can you see all that DIRT? HA

 Isabelle gets the biggest charge out of...ice cubes in her drink, ha! Such a funny little girl!

 yup, it's her "date" dress- she begged me to wear it the next day...why not?
she's asking us to check out her "big musshels" here

of course we had to check out those big muscles, too!

We were able to finish up a couple house things over the weekend. That always feels good! The to-do list was seeming a little overwhelming...well, truthfully, it still feels overwhelming, but you do what you can.

The boys got to watch Harry Potter (finally!) on Saturday afternoon, so I decided that would be the perfect time to have a little girl time with Isabelle. I know I take my sweet daughter for granted, and I forget how hard we fought for her. I want to cherish every moment with my little girl before it's all gone. As it is, I absolutely cannot believe I have a son going into the 7th grade this year!

 first we did our nails- pink sparkles please!

then onto the hair- just like when I was a little girl...hair up in sponge rollers for church the next morning  =)


 I think she looks so beautiful here! And look at those bouncy curls!

she helped me make these turkey cheese roll-ups, too...YUM!

More science fun...




A favorite way to beat the heat...

There's a lot of stuff on my mind these days. I've been praying a lot, but everything still feels unsettled, which of course makes me anxious. It isn't that I think God's presence has left me. I know it hasn't, but I just don't feel it. That makes everything harder. I would be wise to remember that there are many, many others who have suffered and continue to suffer things far greater than what I've endured.

He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Proverbs 21:21

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Psalm 86:11


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Looks like y'all are having a fun summer! I used to sleep in sponge rollers too. I'll have to get some and try them out on Sophie;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...